Human/Dragon Hybrid (former)
|Nicknames||Hooded Man (フードの男 Fūdo no Otoko)|
Dragon-Blooded Knight (竜血の騎士 Ryūketsu no Kishi)
The True Dragon in the Book of Apocalypse (真の黙示録にあるの龍 Shin no Mokushiroku ni aru no Ryū)
Dragonfang → Chaoseater
Cloak of the Revenant
Annihilation Maker (sealed)
Umbra (Foster Daughter)†
Bellerophon is the descendant of the Greek Hero Bellerophontes, making him distantly related to the God Poseidon. He is the latest wielder of True Longinus.
His current base of operations is Aetherius.
Bellerophon is a product of the times he lived in. The constant fighting made him develop perfectionist tendencies that would keep him working at something until he mastered it. His successes in battle made him very confident in his abilities but his vast experience and tactical acumen usually keep him from committing grievous mistakes during a fight.
Bellerophon thinks of himself as broad-minded and audacious, and often displays a carefree smile on his face and a somewhat whimsical attitude. He enjoys needling and teasing those he is familiar with, and often resorts to crude jokes to put others off balance. His past experiences led him to think little of kings and other such figures, ignoring their authority over him and doing as he pleases.
|“||You're a surly bastard, aren't you? Men who don't laugh on the field of battle may forget how to by the time they reach the other side. This world is enough of a gloomy pisshole as it is, you should at least try to get a laugh in...before you die, you know?||”|
Bellerophon loves fighting and believes that to be the best way to get to know someone. In combat he generally retains a stoic and composed personality, although if an opponent surpasses his expectations he shows a more excited side of himself. He has striven to live his life in such a way that he is constantly the target of animosity and has become accustomed to it. He freely boasts before his opponents and mocks them severely, even while outnumbered and not fighting at full power.
Because of his vast powers he has a hard time finding someone capable of pressuring him and as such he actively seeks to provoke fights when the need arises. To counter this and allow him to better go unnoticed he relies almost exclusively on his human form, although if the situation calls for it he sees no problem in transforming to a higher form to better handle the situation.
If forced to rely on his true form, Bellerophon ceases all pretenses of civility and relentlessly attacks his enemy until he prevails, using increasingly dangerous and harmful magic with little regard for his surroundings. His perspective shifts to seeing most other beings as nuisances, ignoring any attempts to converse if not interested.
His long life allowed him to experience and see much of different worlds and cultures, which caused him to become somewhat apathetic towards most issues, with his only driving force being the search for amusement and entertainment for himself. Following his rebirth he obtained an eidetic memory which, when combined with his natural curiosity and immortality, has caused him to develop an almost obsessive lust for knowledge of any kind, specifically on the mechanics behind magic and the world.
After witnessing over and over again the atrocities that the supernatural world committed on the unknowing and defenceless human population, Bellerophon resolved to become a guardian of humanity and protect his former species from the supernatural threats they are unable to deal with on their own.
- Main article: Bellerophon/History
- Main article: Bellerophon/Relationships
Powers & Abilities Edit
Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Bellerophon is highly skilled in hand-to-hand combat, capable of combining physical techniques with fire, light or tōki. He mainly uses a mix of Pankration and Bājíquán, which allows him great versatility when it comes to striking and grappling.
Master Spearman: He is well-versed in fighting with a spear, demonstrating extraordinary proficiency in wielding the True Longinus, and is capable of holding his own and even prevailing against more powerful opponents.
Master Swordsman: Bellerophon is a master swordsman and easily capable of fighting on equal grounds with renowned figures such as Siegfried, Kokabiel and Okita Sōji.
Immense Combat Skills: Bellerophon is an extremely proficient combatant, capable of defeating hundreds of opponents at the same time while disarming and dodging attacks from many directions.
Perceptive Combatant: Bellerophon is an extremely perceptive combatant, able to deduce the workings of most attacks instantly through a mix of intuition and experience. During his time in the army he developed a great understanding of the battlefield, always knowing how to best position himself and others to achieve the greatest effect.
Flight: His magic grants him the ability to fly without wings, although in his draconic forms he uses them for sustained flight and to achieve greater speed and manoeuvrability.
Telepathy: Bellerophon can converse telepathically with people and even with beings held within Sacred Gears, such as Draig.
Senjutsu: Under the guidance of Sun Wukong he became extremely proficient at the Sage Arts, although he can only use them with the help of a mystic tattoo inscribed on his body. He's able to hide his presence, empower his body, rejuvenate others or sever their inner energies. It even allowed him to fight after being rendered blind and deaf by a nuclear explosion.
- Tōki: As a master of senjutsu, Bellerophon can use tōki in combat and is described to possess an overwhelming amount of ki. In his True form his punches hit with the power of a meteor strike.
Enhanced Smell: Bellerophon has an incredible sense of smell, which allows him to track opponents by scent alone.
Regeneration: Bellerophon gained the ability to regenerate after he took the Sephiroth Graal that Marius Tepes extracted from Valerie Tepes. This ability was further enhanced when he obtained a second cup from Rizevim Livan Lucifer.
Photokinesis: Being the wielder of True Longinus, Bellerophon always had a great amount of light magic within him and uses it by emitting blinding flashes of light, creating weapons and firing explosive attacks.
- Etherion: Bellerophon extends the palm of his hand and forms several concatenating magic circles before firing a powerful beam-wave of light magic, powerful enough to eliminate Ultimate-Class devils and even Evil Dragons like Níðhöggr at the cost of most of his energy.
- Hell Needle Shower: Bellerophon traces a white line in front of him, which shatters like glass and shoots the resulting fragments as a shower of needles capable of covering a wide area and eliminating low classed beings.
Umbrakinesis: Bellerophon has immense control over darkness-based abilities. He's capable of manipulating shadows to restrain his opponents, form blades of darkness and travel undetected through the shadows.
- Shade: Bellerophon creates a wraith that takes the form of his Abyssal Armor, and can be used as either a remotely controlled avatar or as an autonomous unit, although it can only follow simple orders and cannot use any spells. When it dispels it transmits its memories back to Bellerophon.
Pyrokinesis: Bellerophon has the ability to produce and manipulate several types of fire following his training with Yu Long.
- Black flames: Having bathed and ingested Vritra's blood and flesh, he inherited the ability to generate cursed black fire, capable of marking an opponent and progressively restraining their movement the more it spreads. Not accessible in his demigod state.
- White flames: As the wielder of True Longinus, he's capable of generating holy white flames, which are capable of dispelling curses and severely damage demonic entities such as devils.
- Holy Nova: Bellerophon condenses a tremendous amount of holy fire into a massive while sphere before throwing it at the target. The resulting explosion is sufficiently powerful to eliminate Belzard with Juggernaut Drive and wipe out the surrounding area.
- Requiem of Oblivion: In his true form, Bellerophon envelops himself with an aura of holy flames, concentrating the majority of his powers into his mouth before releasing them as a beam-wave of cataclysmic proportions, capable of covering an entire planet with its detonation. This attack is a last resort, as it leaves Bellerophon completely drained following its release. It can potentially be executed with his black flames instead.
Psammokinesis: Bellerophon has the ability to manipulate sand and dust particles to create immense sandstorms, capable of severely reducing visibility and desiccating whatever targets are caught within, and crush targets inside cocoons of sand. Through direct physical contact he can transform people and objects into fine dust. Not accessible in his dragonoid form.
Chronomancy: Bellerophon can control the flow of time inside areas, objects and individuals of his choice, included himself. Not accessible in his Dragonoid form.
- Precognition: At all times, Bellerophon can perceive an incalculable number of possible futures and act according to the one he finds more beneficial to achieve a desired effect. A downside of this is that the farther he "sees" the more the possible futures diverge, thus making it increasingly difficult to make use of what he sees. Bellerophon stated that he normally cannot rely on visions that go farther than a dozen seconds, although in combat this window is cut short to fractions of a second.
- Divination: By entering a profound state of meditation, he can perceive flashes and disjointed images of the most probable future as far as a few days before the events occur.
- Restore: Allows him to rewind time around an area or object, undoing all damage. When used on living beings or magical objects the energy cost increases proportionally to the power of the target. This ability cannot be used to bring back the dead as once the soul has left a body it normally cannot be recovered.
Master Alchemist: Bellerophon is extremely knowledgeable in the fields of alchemy and chemistry, having studied both extensively. He was shown capable of fabricating artificial and fully functioning human bodies as well as anti-matter, although only in conjunction with magitek.
Master Magician: Bellerophon is highly knowledgeable in all kinds of common, lost, forbidden and legendary spells, having shown the ability to learn and cast multiple types of magic simultaneously, as well as developing spells that replicate genetically exclusive abilities.
- Sensor: Bellerophon is an adept sensor, capable of detecting signatures countries away if he concentrates. His senjutsu allows him almost total control over his immediate surroundings, which makes sneak attacks all but impossible.
Bellerophon is powerful and knowledgeable enough in space-time manipulation to bypass the Underworld's barriers and travel instantaneously between different realms. He can also stop teleportation altogether in his immediate surroundings or follow a teleporting target to their destination.
A magic circle exclusive to high ranking dragons which allows him to summon another dragon or to teleport himself over long distances. Just like his father, Bellerophon's gate is black in colour.
Bellerophon is able to open rifts within the fabric of space which allows him to instantaneously transport himself anywhere, provided he has something to home in to. These openings can be used to connect two different locations within the same dimension, or create a pathway that links two separate dimensions together.
These portals can also be used to transport single sections of his body by partially entering them, allowing him to blindside the enemy or to drag his opponents to his location. As this ability is fundamentally different from teleportation via magic circles, he can ignore most systems that defend against such.
Bellerophon is capable of summoning several objects to himself with minimal effort, provided he placed the appropriate markings on them.
- Pocket Space: A method to store and remove items from a pocket dimension, even going as far as switching outfits mid-combat.
- Heavenly Insertion Hammering Star: Allows him to summon a gargantuan meteor above the targeted location.
- Promethean Rupture: A special gateway from which he can summon a number of Aetherius Sentinels without requiring them to pass through the lunar portal. It appears as a black rift with an orange border.
Bellerophon can deploy several types of barrier, from detection wards to nigh-invulnerable bulwarks.
By slamming his burning fingertips on the ground Bellerophon forms this powerful cylindrical blue barrier which envelops a location of his choosing, protecting anything contained within and burning whatever comes into contact with it.
The barrier was shown to be powerful enough to withstand the assault of an unknown number of devils without suffering damage, although Ultimate-Class devils can break through.
By shooting six glowing spheres around the targeted area, Bellerophon forms this hexagonal prismatic red barrier capable of electrocuting and disintegrating anything that comes into contact with it.
This barrier is powerful enough to perfectly contain an opponent of Crom Cruach's caliber without being breached, although it does not prevent teleportation to and from the inside of the barrier.
He can inscribe runes and seals effortlessly, with purposes varying from silencing targets to putting them to sleep, warding off areas and suppressing his presence. He can also use them to enchant objects in order to bestow them with different properties.
An array of seals and runes that allows Bellerophon to seal himself inside an artificial human body while granting him full control. This is achieved by connecting to its nervous system via "tendrils" of energy that exit through the seal itself.
In the event that the body suffers critical damage he can either close the seal shut from his end, severing his connection to the outside world until the inner seal collapses, which takes a few days, or forcibly push himself through it, destroying the body as a result of the amount of power that passes through it.
This is Bellerophon's original appearance, which is shared by each and all of his artificial human bodies. He appears as a fair-skinned man with spiky raven hair that reach his shoulder blades, bangs framing the sides of his face and violet eyes that carry a sharp gaze. His back and arms bear mystical light-blue markings that allow him to synchronize with the world's ambient energy without needing to meditate.
|“||This is just a shell. Even if you destroy it, another shall rise in its place. You cannot hurt me.||”|
Through the Divine Dragon Coffin Seal Bellerophon can 'seal' himself within the artificial human body, which allows him to pilot it by connecting directly to its nervous system. Despite its greatly reduced intensity his true aura cannot completely be concealed, making it appear as if he wields several Sacred Gears, to the point that even Azazel, one of the foremost experts on the subject, was fooled.
Because this body was created with heavy combat in mind, its performance is much greater than that of a human with equivalent power, placing him slightly below he Dragon King Tiamat in terms of power output but with a vastly inferior durability, although as a downside of this heavy specialization his body can only last for a maximum of 20 years before he needs to substitute it and it cannot process toxins quite as well, making him extremely vulnerable to poisons.
- Blood Armor of the Evil Dragon: he first obtained this when he was bathed by Vritra's blood and later he incorporated a version of this in several of his artificial bodies. This makes his skin impervious to damage by lesser weapons and spells, greatly increasing his durability at the cost of increasing his vulnerability to dragonslayer weaponry.
After swallowing the Titan Kronos' blood and forcibly awakening his divine ancestry, his True form became that of a mastodontic western Dragon. His entire upper body is covered in black plates of armour, which in turn is decorated by tribal blue markings. His lower body, specifically his chin, throat, chest, stomach and inner tail, is dark gray in colour.
He has slitted violet eyes that he can cover with white lenses for added protection, and a rounded cranium with four elongated plates extending backward. His chin has a protrusion that resembles an arrowhead and his large wings are composed of intersecting rounded scales, capable of shredding anything caught in them. The plates are replaced by scales near the end of his tail, which terminates in a double bladed stinger that he uses as a flail.
- Immense Power: His raw power is just slightly inferior to Trihexa's own. Azazel noted that his presence alone is terrifying to witness and theorised that it must be one of the reasons why he does not use this form often.
- Immense Strength: He almost shattered Crom Cruach's body with a single swipe of his hand, putting him out of commission and ending their fight.
- Immense Durability: He is durable enough to outright ignore attacks from Ultimate-class Devils.
- Shapeshifting: Bellerophon is capable of transforming into a humanoid form without loss of power, although his physical abilities are reduced.
In this state his hair lengthens, reaching his waist, while his eyes gain a black sclera, a crimson iris and a slitted pupil.
He can only access this form through his Human form by gradually opening the seal and releasing some of his draconic powers, which forces his body to undergo a permanent draconification.
In this form he is almost twice his original height. His skin is replaced by scales, plates and protrusions on his arms, legs and shoulders, with a dark bluish sheen all over his body. His head loses all hair, which are replaced by a solid piece of armor adorned by five protrusions emerging from the sides of his head, along with a mask-like formation covering his face. On his back he grows a pair of bat-like armoured wings and a tail that emerges from the middle of his back.
- Immense Power: He can fight on par with Crom Cruach in his Dragon form and Belzard in Juggernaut Drive, while utterly dominating his fights against Loki and Grendel.
- Immense Speed: He is fast enough to repeatedly blindside Loki.
- Immense Durability: His body is durable enough to survive a bite from one of Fenrir's sons, whose fangs are renowned as god killers.
He can only access it through his Human form by gradually opening the seal and releasing some of his divine powers.
He appears as a massive humanoid clad in black smoke, with long ram-like horns that twist in the symbol of infinity and eyes that burn with a fierce inner light. He speaks backwards, thus making him largely unintelligible.
- Immense Power: He fought evenly against Crom Cruach and Rizevim Livam Lucifer at the same time.
- Immense Strength: He could forcefully remove Samael's tongue from Ophis and shatter its body by stomping on it, along with cracking Cao Cao's Booster Gear Scale Mail with a punch.
- Sand Body: His body is seemingly composed of black sand. As he does not possess internal organs he cannot suffer crippling blows and any damage he suffers is immediately repaired, although he noted that water would likely impede this process. As a byproduct of this he can manipulate his size and elongate his limbs to catch distant targets.
True Longinus: Bellerophon's original Sacred Gear. It is the first and most powerful Longinus, which Saint Longinus used to kill Jesus Christ. A single stab from it can vaporize a High-Class Devil instantly and it can project an blade of Light Magic imbued with Holy energy that can vaporize an Ultimate-Class Devil with ease. It can also extend and retract according to his will.
- True Longinus Götterdämmerung: The original Balance Breaker of the True Longinus, which severely increases the magnitude of its power as well as allowing Bellerophon to project a massive dome of Holy aura around himself, capable of severely damaging anyone deemed "impure".
- Golden Sword of the Sun: Produces an exceedingly powerful blade of energy of adjustable length that, at full power, Bellerophon claimed to be capable of splitting the Underworld in half. When he used it against Trihexa the beast was left severely damaged while everything along the path of the blade was destroyed, causing catastrophic volcanic eruptions and earthquakes.
- Truth Idea: It can create miracles depending on the user of the spear, although it is the will of the God from the Bible that decides if Truth Idea can be used. It's a forbidden form similar to Juggernaut Drive that in Bellerophon's case allows him to synchronize with the God of the Bible's Will, granting him a massive increase in power and the ability to create miracles. When used his hair turns white and his form becomes enveloped by a flowing white robe over a black full-body suit.
Dragonfang: Bellerophon used this sword, forged by Hephaestus, for many centuries as his main weapon. This dragonslayer blade was usually kept in a pocket dimension and possessed the ability to detect evil intent directed at the user.
Chaoseater: Dragonfang evolved into this form after coming into contact with Bellerophon's blood. Chaoseater possesses a degree of sentience and reached massive proportions, being taller than Bellerophon himself. Its dragonslayer abilities increased drastically when compared to Dragonfang.
- Enuma Elish: Chaoseater releases a blast of crimson energy that creates innumerable rips in space-time capable of swallowing and crushing all that is hit, transporting whatever remains in the Dimensional Gap.
Abyssal Armor: This formidable suit of armour was forged from Vritra's carcass by Hephaestus. It's highly resistant to magical attacks and can temporarily fix injuries by piercing the flesh with thin barbs, holding the wounds together. When imbued with Umbrakinesis it makes it impossible to recognise the user, although it does not hinder the sense of smell.
Cloak of the Revenant: This mystical cloak was gifted to Bellerophon by Hephaestus. It's inscribed in runes and seals that hide his presence at the price of blocking away most of his power, putting him on par with a High-class Devil, and deactivates when casting spells, which gives away his position to sensors.
Moeru: A High-level Dragon that serves as Bellerophon's familiar. He acquired her during his first trip through the Familiar forest. She appears as a black western Dragon with violet eyes ans is big enough to allow him to ride on her back.
Gleipnir: A copy of the mighty binding tool that once held Fenrir, commissioned in occasion of the fight against Loki. It was shown capable of restraining completely Fenrir, Sköll and Hati, as well as the arm of the Evil Dragon Níðhöggr. Bellerophon keeps it within a pocket dimension and uses it by shooting its ends through golden portals he forms around his targets.
Sephiroth Graal: Bellerophon used it to understand how to fabricate artificial souls which, in conjunction with Annihilation Maker, allowed him to create the Aetherius Sentinels.
It also allowed him to detect Trihexa's presence despite the latter hiding behind several barriers, although he could only do so because his senses were concentrating on that location. It also grants him a degree of regeneration.
Balmung: A two-handed demonic sword in the shape of a golden greatsword that Bellerophon stole from Siegfried. When infused with energy the blade emits powerful whirlwinds whenever swung.
Dimension Lost: Originally belonging to Georg, Bellerophon uses this Sacred Gear to warp away attacks and draw everyone in his immediate surroundings to Aetherius.
- Ars Almadel Salomonis: Bellerophon synchronizes with the Magic Star in Aetherius and discharges all the accumulated energy as a massive beam of scorching heat, powerful enough to burn through a planet and incinerate everything it comes in contact with, including a weakened Trihexa.
Tracking Ring: A platinum ring containing a magical inscription that allows Bellerophon to track down the wielder, and to know if they are in mortal peril.
Ritual Necklace: A necklace made with the teeth of a manticore that Bellerophon gave to Gabriel. It functions as both as a beacon for him to teleport to as well as a communicator.
Runic Stone: An iridescent marble that acts as a beacon for him to teleport to in case the conditions for its activation are met.
Aetherius Sentinel: A mechanical being created by Bellerophon in order to guard Aetherius during his absence. They possess advanced Light Magic weaponry and shielding, and can be summoned at will.
Aetherius: A world Bellerophon created through the Sacred Gear Dimension Lost. It serves as his secret base of operations and is manned by Aetherius Sentinels.
- Bellerophon's hobbies are travelling and learning new things, especially magic styles and rare spells.
- Bellerophon's favorite color is purple.
- Bellerophon's favorite food is pizza while his least favorite is anything sour.
- Bellerophon's favorite phrase is Gaishū Isshoku(Armour-sleeved single hit), which refers to defeating someone with a single blow.
- Initially Bellerophon was supposed to be a human bounty hunter, but it all changed when the Fire Nation attacked.