|“||I hope...the future I'll be making is a better one than the last...||”|
–Nikolai's hope towards his next future.
The Samurai Devil
|Race||Devil (Mixed Heritage)|
|Nicknames||The Scarlet Demon|
The Demonic Sword Saint
The One who Resents the Humanity
|Eye Color||Dark Red-Violet|
|Relatives||Unnamed Devil Father (with Youkai Heritage ) †|
Unnamed Demon Mother †
Ajuka Beelzebub (Adopted Father/Legal Guardian) †
Seekvaira Andromalius (1st Wife) †
Unnamed Children †
Faevyre Andromalius (2nd Wife)
Adam Andromalius (Son)
Ariel Andromalius (Daughter)
|Affiliations||Andromalius Clan (Sole Heir)|
Nikolai Andromalius's Peerage
Nikolai Andromalius, is one of three protagonists of the future fanfiction, "The Chronicle of Sage". Nikolai is the sole and last remaining heir of house of Andromalius, one of the extinct families from the 72 Pillars.
He is currently living in the kingdom of Freljord with his family in peace as a semi-active adventurer and merchant selling rare herbs, animal skins, pelts, and finally providing blacksmithing for weapon repairs.
Nikolai's appearance is that of a tall, well-postured early-mid aged man; showing medium-toned body built, with height of 6'2 ft. His most noticeable features are his medium-length, dark-violet hair, with some dark-violet bangs, complimented with slight spikiness of his hair and his piercing dark-violet eyes.. He also sports a low ponytail to compliment his fond over Shin-Kiwanian's culture.
His other noticeable features are his usual cold, scary scowl/glare that gives anyone a chill down their spine. To add in the glare, he also has a large scar that start from his forehead that goes stretches to both of his eyes. He has a piercing, dark-violet eyes, and a unique, magic tattoo that surrounds his right hand, which it was carved with a swirling water patterned designs, covering the dragon’s body as it is wrapping around with his head devouring the fire at the top of his back palm.
For his outfits, he wears an outfit of mix between Freljordian and traditional Shin-Kiwaninan garments/clothings. Firstly, he wears a dark blue-violet haori with blue linings, closed with a thick, black and red strap with two brown belts wrapped around it. He then wears a black shirt with short sleeves with a peculiar, grey collar with intersecting brown straps that is high enough to cover his mouth. On his left shoulder, he wears a shoulder pad with fur linings. At the bottom, he wears a plain dark-blue pants kept closed with black belt wrapped around with dragon-shaped buckle at the belt. He then adored a black shoes with brown straps and triangular metal plating adorning them.
Nikolai is shown to be a cold, serious man when it comes to many things, such as simply meeting the receptionist at the Adventurer's Guild for quest. Even when taking simple kind gestures from others, he only response with stern glare. In addition to his personality, his large scars that stretch over his eyes makes Nikolai appear to be a intimidating and cold person, which it caused him with poor social skills and carries a somewhat distant attitude.
He's also a very quiet person, as he rarely speaks unless he wishes to, especially in battle. He scorns the use of science, magic, and technology to measure one's level and abilities, though he has shown he doesn't mind using it to train with his children. Despite his distant, cold persona, he is a caring and kind individual who would protect his family, whom he shares a close bond and cares for them deeply to the point where he would put himself in danger if his family can stay unharmed. He maintains his other persona to other people in mannered, but hostile behaviour.
He is also reasonable to train individuals in strict, but humble way. For example, he would train others to brutal limits to keep them alive and be smart enough to know their enemies for advantages. Due to this unique charisma and noble action, he would attract friends who would respect him in mentor-figure way.
One of his personality trait is his extreme hatred and resentment towards humans as his wife, Seekvaira Andromalius and his children were brutally murdered by the humans who betrayed the Supernatural World during the Great Cataclysm War, causing him to become a ruthless, genocidal killer who exterminate humans in the most cold, inhumane cruelty. Due to this trait, He also became extremely merciless which is what earned him an infamous reputation as "The Scarlet Demon". It was demonstrated when he would quoted with such cold and resentful response like "Do I hear annoying crickets in the room?" or "Do you feel anything if you stepped on a pitiful worms?"or ruthlessly brutalized group of human adventurers to near death after the latter hit one of his children. His immense hatred towards human sterns from two places: to prevent the tragedy that took away his first family and to others, and finally to kill any worthless humans in his eyes. To this end, He would often a cold, calm-like berserker state to hunt any worthless humans down with leaving nothing to chance. He will not hesitate to put himself on killing more humans as he would face down tens of thousands of humans in an effort to kill as many as he can before they kill him.
Despite his hatred for humans, he shown proper respect to those he deems worthy enough in his standards. Due to his particular standards, he believes one's actions define their existence. Due to this trait, he believes that those with great power have the ability to change the world, both with their actions, and how they perform lead to live their life to the fullest. Otherwise, he would personally end the life of those who would rather become a dishonorable and pitiable existence.
His other defined traits are his composed, confident, battle-maniac personality he inherited from the House of Andromalius. Although he is calm, composed individual, he is shown to be prideful and confident about his strengths due to his clan's fighting belief where finding strong opponents to enjoy the moments would raise their very soul and existence to higher plane and having said that he would gladly welcome death if there he were to die by those stronger than him. When it comes to battle, he regularly maintains a facade of confident boldness, backed up by his intelligence, fighting abilities, and his charisma, to make him look like a flawless person by his peers.
Deep inside, Nikolai does possess a more vulnerable side, a side that he almost never shows. This side of his comes from the guilt of believing that he couldn't save or protect his family and anyone who died in his watch, causing him to be in extreme self-loath, guilt, and punishment to himself. While Nikolai never says it, his 2nd wife, Faevyre noted that Nikolai actually wanted to ask for forgiveness for not able to protect his loved ones.
History: (WIP's) Edit
Powers & Abilities: Edit
Immense Demonic Power: As the last descendant of the House of Andromalius, Nikolai has a immense amount of demonic power to back up for his lack of physical strength. In fact, his power rivals that of a Satan-class Devil due to his mixed heritage and abilities. Ajuka mentioned that he is considered as the "Dark Horse of the Underworld" as he not only inherited his clan's demonic power, but also inherited the abilities of other species and its powers to utilize, a testament to Nikolai's power. Roygun Belphegor, the 2nd Ranker of the Rating Games noted that Nikolai might be the only Devil who can match up to Diehauser in terms of natural abilities and talent, without using a King piece to strengthen himself. A further testament to his demonic powers.
- Soul Dominion: Nikolai is the last member of the House of Andromalius, who utilizes immense psychokinetic based abilities. With this ability, Nikolai can manipulate energy manifested from his soul to influence/manipulate/move objects/matter with his soul aura. In appearance, it is as a kinetic, color-changing (mostly bright navy-blue violet) energy that Nikolai channels from his body and often through his body or weapons, allowing him to control it as a weapon and supplement his attacks. He primarily uses his demonic power to solidify into dark-colored matter like constructs, like bladed weaponry and able to telekinetically control his demon swords with his aura in the air. He also use its aura to released as projectiles of concentrated energy, zap/freeze his opponents, imbued his spirit energy into his attack (body & weapons), and project temporary copies of himself to confuse his opponents. It could also use it to defend himself by absorbing and dissolving enemy attacks. His powers deal significant damage to any opponent. This is because the injuries inflicted by his demonic aura cannot be healed via normal means. The dark aura has similar characteristics to toxin, as its energy is able to kill organisms upon contact.
- Dimension Blade: It is one of special dark arts technique that was developed by Nikolai's father. It is considered as both powerful and dangerous technique that should not be taken lightly. This technique utilizes by flattening out his hand with all fingers next to each other, leading no gaps between them. The hand is acted as a "sword", and slash towards the target. The theory behind the technique is that it allows the user to "suspend the space and time within the dimension", enabling them to go through all matter that cuts through all. Nikolai's father explained this technique is a like saw, moving back and forth between the fabric of space and times, and can only be used by those who possess the blood of Youkai. It can also used for defensive purpose, allowing them to pass through walls and nullify an enemy's attacks by suspending their body through the fabric of space and times.
Skilled Senjutsu and Youjutsu User: Due to his Youkai heritage, Nikolai is able to utilize Senjutsu and Youjutsu to great proficiency. According to Bikou, Nikolai was once the disciple of his ancestor, Sun Wukong for learning the controls over Senjutsu and Youjutsu for a period of time. After the training, both Bikou and Kuroka noted that his control is equal or greater to their standards. his masteries of Senjutsu and Youjutsu is shown when he was able to use Ki and illusion to fight evenly against Issei in a serious spar/death-match.
- Touki: As a skilled user of the arts, Nikolai can use Touki to the considerable degree in terms of combat and medical uses. According to Bikou and Kuroka, Nikolai is described to possess a considerable amount of Ki with versatile uses to his advantages.
- Using his ki, he can easily disrupt his opponent's movement by controlling the Ki inside them.
- Use it to enhance his strength, speed, and toughness.
- Channeling his ki in a single blow and striking into the 708 pressure points in the human body, causing the pressure points to destroy the enemy from within, and causes the victim to explode, be controlled involuntarily or otherwise incapacitated.
- It can also be used to heal certain physical and psychological wounds, such as curing a blind person's eyes, restoring disabled bodies, and restore memories.
- Youjutsu & Dark Arts: Due to his father's Youkai heritage, Nikolai is also well-versed in Youjutsu and demon arts, able to create illusions and mirages to throw off his opponent, conjure protective circles, and creating a slash that cut through the fabric of space and time.
Master Swordsman: Hailed from house of assassins and swordsman for generation, Nikolai is an immensely skilled swordsman. Combined with the House of Andromalius's swordsmanship and assassination techniques and his versatile powers and techniques, he is able to dominate most of his opponents with his godlike-speed and techniques, He is even considered as one of the Strongest Swordsman in the Underworld. This feat was demonstrated as he ended his spar with Issei in his Diabolos Dragon・G form in a draw, earning a big impression on Rias's, Sona's, Seekvaira's, Sairaorg's, and other teams who attended as witnesses. A testament of his swordsmanship. This feat was further stated when Yuuto Kiba, Xenovia Quarta, and even Arthur Pendragon, a respective master swordsman of their own considered Nikolai as a monster equal or perhaps greater than Vasco Strada.
Immense Combat Skills: One of his most dangerous attribute is his immense combat techniques and abilities. Despite being physically weaker than supernatural beings, Nikolai has shown great skills in combat and tactics which allowed him to go up against Ultimate-Class to God-Class beings. This feat was demonstrated as he was able to ended a draw with Issei Hyoudou in his Diabolos Dragon・G form, which it earned a big impression on Rias's, Sona's, Seekvaira's, Sairaorg's, and other teams who attended as witness considered him a monster in his own league.
Master Technician: Hiroaki revealed to Issei and his companions that Nikolai is a technique-type fighter that polishes and mastering all of his demonic powers and skills to utmost perfection for the lack of his physical strengths. This feat was demonstrated as he was evenly matched against Issei Hyodou's Diabolos Dragon・G form using pure speed, techniques and tactics to overwhelmed him.
Immense Speed: Being a Knight-Typed Devil, he possesses extreme god-like speed, what everyone has called as God-Speed. His great speed has allowed him to use the secret techniques that House of Andromalius used. This feat was demonstrated as Nikolai is capable of moving at God-like speed that is almost impossible to see. This feat was demonstrated as Nikolai's god-like speed is able to unleash a god-like thrust or sword-draw for opponent to unnoticed before being cut down.
Immense Endurance & Durability: Despite being a Knight-Typed Devil, Nikolai has extreme tolerance to pain and durability. This feat was demonstrated as Nikolai received the attack by Issei's Cardinal Crimson Queen's Triana and Diabolos Dragon・G's Infinity Blaster, and continue to fight against him despite the critical injuries he received while showing no reactions at all.
Skilled Combatant: Besides his master swordsmanship, Nikolai is also highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist. His hand-to-hand combat style focuses on striking, with emphasis on forward pressure, kicks, knees, locking, clinch fighting (the art of grappling from a standing position), palm strikes, and elbows. He can imbued his demonic power to enhanced his strike, capable of destroy a living being from inside out by striking down specific vital points within their bodies, or able to externally sliced them apart.
Perceptive Combatant: Nikolai is a skilled perceptive combatant. He is able to notice even the slightest changes in an opponent's power level. He is also able to analyze an opponent to accurately gauge their combat strength before entering combat, and able to deduce the workings of most attacks instantly. He also possesses incredible reading ability, one that might reach the reading ability of Ajuka Beelzebub. This makes him able to determine a person's battle styles, abilities, and can even read several steps into a battle, thus enabling him to fight very efficiently.
Expert Magician: Due to Ajuka's tutelage, Nikolai is shown to be well versed in utilizing various different types of magic and formulas. He is also well-versed in black arts and sorcery, able to cast powerful spells in sealing and barriers due to his mother's demon heritage. A testament to his prowess in black arts is that he taught some of the Magicians from the Magician's Council to see and record the arts for both research and keeping it alive.
Medical Expertise: Due to his household's assassination arts, Nikolai is well-versed in medicine and related fields to treat patients who has considerable illness or disabilities such as blindness, disabled body parts and etc.. This feat was demonstrated as he was using ki-imbued acupuncture to heal certain physical and psychological wounds, such as curing a blind person's eyes, restoring disabled bodies, and restore memories.
Skilled Tactician: He is a tactical combatant and strategist, prefer to attack his opponents with plans and objectives. He is a calculative and observant person, as he studies and researches his enemies' strategies and combat skills before he battles them so he can read their movements and attacks and counter them effectively. This feat was demonstrated as he used his demonic power of creating a ice-clone of himself to absorb the damages, and counteract immediately because he knows that his opponent will let down his guard.
Expert Inventor: Due to Ajuka's tutelage, Nikolai is well-versed in science and related fields. This feat was demonstrated as he was helping Ajuka with his creation of new sets of Evil Pieces and creating the necessary magic formulas and calculations to apply for it.
Flight: Being a Devil, Yuuto can use his wings to fly.
Lindstorm: It is one of Nikolai's personal weapon he received in the alternative world. Its overall appearance is a set of two swords, one long and medium-short sword as a pair. The blades are hidden in their scabbard, they appear to be part of a single sheathed sword, one blade appearing to be the hilt, while the second blade is stationed opposite the first and blends in with the sheath itself, giving it the impression of being a nodachi. He usually keeps with him at his side while putting his hands in his coat.
In his main sword styles, he uses two methods:
- He attacks his opponent with his speed with a mix of sword and hand-to-hand combat moves together
- He combines the two swords into one, long two-sided blades for spear & sword dexterity.
The swords are black-violet blades with a distinct hardening line, having the having the appearance of a saw or sharp teeth. And the sheath is black, decorated with dark blue-green circular patterns flowing through the sheath. After his reincarnation, Nikolai wrapped a sageo rope around the upper part of the sheath. Its attributes are deadly coldness, capable of creating ice-based slashes (mostly blue-violet colors), in result, freezing and slicing the opponent apart, and extreme durability, claiming that even if a dragon were to step on it, the blade would not bend a millimeter, in result tremendously increase the damage potential and destructive power of the user.
Although tremendously powerful, this weapon has one flaw; its heaviness makes it harder to wield. Nikolai noted that the swords are quite heavier than normal swords, describing as "having the dragon's tail coming down on you fast".
Hell's Edge: It is one of Nikolai's dark, secret heirloom of the House of Andromalius. When Nikolai's full powers are released, Nikolai is able to use a weapon called the Hell's Edge, the heirloom of the House of Andromalius which emits a tremendous amount of dark aura. Nikolai often summons the weapon by saying "Cut Down All, Hell's Edge ". This causes the sky to rumble and black lightning flashes around him. Then, a dark vortex swirls around him and Hell's Edge materializes in his hands. With his weapon, his powers increase dramatically, especially his psychokinetic manipulation. It is is on par with high-tier Sacred Gear and Longinus Gears, allowing Nikolai to battle against Ultimate-Class Devils and even Satan-Class beings. Although tremendously powerful, this weapon has one major flaw; it tries to devour its own master. It starts to corrupt its master's mind with endless bloodlust and wrath. The reason for this is because due to his tragic past, he had encountered and consumed countless souls of humans in order to make the weapon. This is an dark imitation of the Sacred Gear, which are empowered by the souls of humans devoured by the spear. The presence of the souls of those who were devoured on causes it to burn with hatred for its master. As Nikolai sustains injuries in battle, his ability to control the sword gradually decreases, which leads to his fighting style becoming more savage. When it almost fully consumes him, he becomes extremely powerful, either feels no or disregards pain from wounds and loses control of himself. However, Nikolai is shown to be able to regain control of his weapon if it devours the soul of a powerful opponent, where it absorbs an opponent into itself, dissolving their body into aura and consuming the soul, satiate its thirst. This makes the Hell's Edge much more powerful. This ability is automatically triggered upon the impalement of an enemy.
Demon Swords (魔剣, Maken): After the Great Cataclysm War, Nikolai gained possession of all the Demon Swords previously owned by Yuuto Kiba.
- Gram (グラム, Guramu): Also known as the Sword of the Sun, is the strongest Demon Sword. Called as the Demonic Emperor Sword (魔帝剣 Mateiken), it is a Dragon Slayer sword with the destructive power of the Holy Sword Durandal, which causes previous wielder of Gram Yuuto to compare it to a combination of Ascalon and Durandal, but does not need to be charged to do destructive attacks, which he thought meant it was "more" powerful than Durandal and is sharper than the Holy Demonic Sword he creates. In Nikolai's possession, he controls with great proficiency as he makes up his life force for his immense demonic power as substitute. Due to his constant sword training and meditation, he can able to utilize the demonic aura of Gram to amplify his attacks.
- Balmung (バルムンク, Barumunku): A Demon Sword from Norse mythology with a drill-like aura. It is capable of creating powerful whirlwinds.
- Nothung (ノートゥング, Nōtungu): A Demon Sword that specialises in sharpness.
- Tyrfing (ディルヴィング, Diruvingu): A Demon Sword that specialises in destruction.
- Dáinsleif (ダインスレイヴ, Dainsureivu): A Demon Sword that creates huge pillars of ice from the ground.
Development & Trivia: Edit
- Nikolai's personality was inspired and based off from a list of protagonists.
- Giorno Giovanna, the protagonist from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo.
- Kratos, the prtagonist from God of War series.
- Gintoki Sakata from Gintama.
- Nikolai's voice actors are...
- For English...
- Matthew Mercer who voiced Hit from Dragon Ball Super.
- Travis Willingham who voiced Roy Mustang in the dub of Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Portgas D. Ace in the Funimation dub of One Piece.
- As for Japanese...
- Kamiya Hiroshi who voiced Trafalgar Law from One Piece.
- Katsuyuki Konishi who voiced Laxus Dreyar from Fairy Tail, Kenshiro from Hokuto Musou series.
- For English...
- Nikolai's overall appearance is based off from a character named Habaki Sakagami, the main male protagonist from the visual novel Kajiri Kamui Kagura. The image used in the profile is edited by the author for story sakes...
- Nikolai's weapons, skills, and abilities are inspired and based off from various mangas and video games.
- Shinomori Aoshi's Double Kodachi.
- Frankenstein's Dark Spear from Noblesse.
- Touhou Fuhai's Hougetsu Jigentou from Rosario Vampire.
- Fist of the Blue Sky's Kyoku Juji Seiken & Seito Gekken
- Nikolai's height is 193 cm. (6'3 feet).
- Nikolai's hobbies are taking drinking teas & coffee, meditation, make unique magic weapons, and spending quality time with Elphilia and his harem.
- Nikolai's favorite colors are red and blue. The colors represents his overall personality, where blue represents the meaning of "Confidence", "Wisdom", and "Truth", while red represents the meaning of "Determination" and "Strong Will", which it fit with his battle-maniac, intelligent, and yet charismatic personality.
- Nikolai's ideal woman is a strong and independent girl. but still, has a shy and modest side for him to tease. He also fancies girls with long hair with the softest qualities and can cook well.