|“||You dirty, pitiful little crow...hahaha...you sure have the balls, looking at your executioner with such murderous intent...||”|
–Takumi's threat to Raynare in Chapter 2.
Takumi Hanamura is one of the protagonists of A Dark Pawn, and also the current guardian and jailer of the dark god, Magatsu-Izanagi, with the Sacred Gear Corruption Of Innocence working as the jail.
Takumi is an average 16 year old, his height only a few inches over his age average, with a skinny build with slight muscle. He has shaggy light brown hair that passes his neck with strands sticking out like feathers, and long bangs that hang over his crimson red eyes with star pupils, and noticable bags. He usually keeps a blank expression on his face.
His Kuoh uniform is the button-up with rolled up sleeves and unbuttoned with a purple tie loose around his neck, a black shirt underneath, blue jeans, and a pair of red sneakers.
Takumi is naturally a lazy person and his inclination is to do as little work as possible. As a a student, after breaking shy shell, he normally only did enough work to get by, while aceing tests and tutoring others for extra cash. Although Takumi describes himself as "the biggest coward you'll meet", he has a strong moral compass and dedication to his friends, shown when he prematurely awakened Corruption of Innocence to fight Raynere after the Fallen Angel had killed Issei in Chapter 2.
It is also these qualities that force Takumi to move away from his lazy pursuits, as he finds himself volunteering to do work or to sacrifice himself if it will in some way benefit his friends, be it an opening in a fight, or even minor things like destracting kendo girls who wanna beat Issei. However, he still clings to his lazy origins as much as he can; even if he can't spend his entire day being idle, he at least avoids having long-term goals or confessing any particular pleasure in the duties he's assigned.
When he is faced with the potential for conflict or commitment, he responds first by saying, "how troublesome," and then by trying to find some way out of it, either by pretending to be indisposed or even outright saying that he doesn't want to do whatever it is, but can then proceed to fight like a maniac. He claims to have no love of fighting, but that is always a lie.
Compared to other "heroic" characters, Takumi is anything but that. While not evil, he is definitely selfish. If he had to make a choice of saving 100 strangers or 5 of his friends, he would chose his friends. He will only save those he cares about, not some stranger. If it was a singular person in an alley, maybe he would act, but that is his extent of "heroism". For someone like him who was alone, he will crave those friend's more than the joy of saving someone. And threaten of hurt someone he cares for, he takes a darker turn.
Back as a child, he was always shy and anti-social, but this was slowly broken upon meeting Issei and Irina, resulting in who he is now.
He usually keeps a blank experssion on his face, along with half-lidded eyes.
Has a love of short girls, and has been called 'Lolicon' frequintly.
Takumi Hanamura was born in the United States of America, in the state of Massachusetts, to his father Haise Hanamura, and his mother Andrea Hanamura-sans Bell. It was during a family affair that his birth took place, which quickly ended said family affair.
Unbeknowst to Takumi then, and even years later, he was born to the Hanamura Clan, a family heavily invested in the affairs of the Supernatural world. His parents themselves were scientists in the Grigori under Azazel, his uncle Karima a mercenary under the payroll of the Maou Ajuka Beelzebub, and his grandfather Yosuke a bodyguard for the Rating Games champion Diehauser Belial.
He was also unaware he had taken up a new task that had been part of his family for generatons; the guarding of the dark god, Magatsu-Izanagi, who was formed when the Shinto God Izanagi washed himself of the filfth of Yomotsu Hirasaka. It had been the family's task for years, and now the infant Takumi was the dark god's new jailer, with the God's jail being the Sacred Gear Corruption Of Innocence.
At the age of 2, Takumi and his parents returned to Haise's hometown of Kuoh. For the next few years, Takumi grew up a shy and anti-social child, mainly due to other children often bullying and teasing him on his unique eyes, and his trait of Misfourtune. He eventually made friends, though only 2. These were Issei Hyoudou and Irina Shidou, who found Takumi being bullied by older kids and drove them off, and offered Takumi help. After he started to slowly hang around them more, opening up and becoming friends.
Irina, however, moved away to England. At their final goodbye, Takumi broke down crying, and gifted Irina with keepsake of his, Irina doing the same.
In the following years, Takumi slowly broke his shy shell as he grew up around Issei, who was always there to support his friend. They both eventually started attending Kuoh Academy, both second years.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Misfourtune: A trait that has plagued all vessels of Magatsu-Izanagi, it causes misfourtune to strike at anytime and anywhere. And though the exact 'misfourtune' isn't describeded, it can range to a number of things. While generally random, it is mainly tied to the current vessel's emotions. An example is when Takumi was bullied as a child, it would constantly trigger. It's main emotional triggers are sadness and anger.
Hanamura Clan Techniques: Due to the Hanamura family existing for many years, they have renown in the supernatural world as mages, onmyoujis, swordsmen, and many others. As a result, Takumi, once aware of the supernatural world, was trained by his grandfather and parents in the family arts.
- Sealing: TBD
Dark Deity Drive: At first being an ability of Corruption Of Innocence, Magatsu-Izanagi transferred it to Takumi, who was unaware of this. The ability in itself is very similar to Magatsu Skin, except that while the Balance Breaker unlesses Magatsu-Izanagi's power with limiters, DDD, or Dark Deity Drive, doesn't. It's the full, unfiltered power of a being who rivalled the Father of The Shinto Pantheon.
- Vorpal Blade: Summoning a large dagger-spear to his hand, Takumi imbues the blade with dark energy and launches an energy wave at his opponents.
- Ghastly Wail: Takumi unleashes a ear-shattering scream, disorienting his opponents.
- Calamity Seed: 5 small dark orbs gather around Takumi's mouth, enlarging into one massive orb, and is exploded forward with a roar, creating a beam of destruction.
- Megidolaon: Gathering a massive white orb of sparking magical energy in his hand, Takumi hurls it an opponent, consuming them in a large explosion.
- Dark END: Transferring all the dark energy he has into his hand, Takumi condenses it into a baseball sized orb. He rushes the opponent, smashing them with the orb, eroding whatever it touches.
Demonic Power: Takumi has all the powers and abilities common to Devils, including the power to cast spells, but he usually doesn't use it because of Acursed Arm being the extent of his magic usage.
Adept Hand-to-Hand Fighter: While not the greatest, Takumi can certainly handle himself in a fist-fight, with boxing lessons from his grandfather and furthered practice with Koneko.
Skilled Lanceman: With self-taught practice with his Umbral Spears, Takumi is skilled and deadly fighter.
Immense Speed: While more common for Knights instead of Rooks, Takumi does indeed possess a high degree of speed, matching that of his fellow Peerage Member Kiba.
Enhanced Strength and Defense: Takumi boasts a lot of physical strength and defense, a standard of the Rook. He can use this strength to lift heavy objects with ease and use them as projectiles or punch through hard materials such as metal.
Light Resistance: Thanks to Magatsu-Izanagi meddeling with his body, Takumi has aquired a resistance to light. The amount of light he can resist is unknown, but it is enough to counter it's normal effects on devils and his dark Sacred Gear.
Corruption Of Innocence: Also known as Madness Of The False God, is a high-tier elemental Sacred Gear, being the jail of the sealed false god Magatsu-Izanagi. The gear takes it's power from Magatsu-Izanagi himself, and so it's powers revolve around the use of blackened wind and electricity, elements the god uses easily. The 'blackened' means the element is black, and it carries properties of a curse. In two of it's forms, it increases the user's base strength.
- Acursed Arm: The gear's first and inital form, it takes the form of a red scaley, etheral glowing demonic arm. It channels blackened wind and electricity, and boasts no important close combat abilities.
- Demon Iron Fists: The fist-fight form of the gear, it takes the appearance of two large iron gauntlet-gloves. While able to conduct the blackened wind and electricity, it's main boon is it's physical combat performance.
- Dark Umbral Spear: The final main form, Dark Umbral Spear takes the form of a long, crimson red spear a short thick blade, and a multitude of thick thorns emerge from the space where the blade starts. The user is fully capable of using wind or eletricity to imbue the blade with the elements properties, and can even make a second spear for duel-wielding.
- Magatsu Skin, also known as Mad Battle Armor of God, is the Balance Breaker of Corruption of Innocence. From whichever form the user is using, black liquid starts spreading from their to cover their entire body, creating a cocoon. It starts to have parts bubble and expand, eventually bursting, revealing the user garbed in the armor of Magatsu-Izanagi, mask, cloak and all. The armor grants the user Magatsu's full range of abilites, and greatly enhances their overall power and strength.
- Unlimited Fake Works, also known as A Fake of a Fake, is the Sub-Species Balance Breaker of Corruption of Innocence. Takumi devised this Sub-Species as a counter to SHIVA's two Sacred Gears, using Unlimited Blade Works as an inspiration. Like the initial concept, Unlimited Fake Works creates a spacial field around the intended targets, and the field takes the appearance of a grassy, sundown lit field of weapons, and has the included effect of replicating Sacred Gears Takumi has seen. A downside to this however, is that all replicated weapons and Sacred Gears are downgraded. Takumi can change this and have them take on their full strength, but at the cost of a curse spreading through his body, starting at his left arm. As with the original, it also has an aria that activates it, and it's effects can carry over after it's initial activation, taking the form of something similar to Archer's Projection, activating with a call of Trace On.
[I am the bone of my sword.]
[A jail is my body, and darkness my blood.]
[I have seen over a thousand blades.]
[Unknown to Purpose, ]
[Nor aware to the Reason]
[Withstood pain with friends, my hands will always hold their's.]
[Yet, my body will soon run dry.]
[But until then, as I chant,]
[Now, is Unlimited Fake Works.]
- Takumi's appearance is based off of Kasuka Heiwajima from Durarara!, while his personailty is based around Shikamaru's from Naruto.
- His last name, Hanamura, and his grandfather's name, Yosuke, are nods to one of my favorite characters in gaming, Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4.
- His nickname of Fake Archer comes from his re-creation of Unlimited Blade Works as Unlimited Fake Works.
- His nickname of Fake Lancher comes from him having a red Gae Bolg-like spear, and having terrible luck, courtesey of Misfortune.